The Australian National Reserve System holds some of the last great refuges in the world for Australian Flora and Fauna. The Mt Warning Caldera Region contains some of these Australian National Reserves.
Australia’s National Reserve System Strategy 2009-2030 has been announced as part of the Australian Government’s determination to safeguard the biodiversity of our precious native plants and animals.
The link to download the Australian National Reserve System Strategy 2009-2030 is HERE.
And how does the Australian National Reserve System help our friend, Phantom Koala?
Perhaps that is something you should look into for yourself!
- Draft National Koala Conservation and Management Strategy 2009-2014 – submissions close COB 5th August 2009
- “A preliminary investigation of the distribution of koalas and their potential habitat in the Tweed Shire, and implications for management” by Judy Faulks . Find article at – Australian Zoologist, June 1991 Vol. 27(1 & 2) ……I can no longer find this article/ reference to it on the internet, but you may have more luck by looking for it. I originally found it at – Australian Zoologist, June 1991 Vol. 27(1 & 2). You may find it here at the Royal Zoological Society of NSW in the Journals. Alternatively, try this google search : australian zoologist June 1991 Vol. 27(1 & 2)
- Koala losses show failure of SE Qld Planning : GECKO Media release 26th March 2009
- “Koala Coast numbers plummet in just two years” : story in The Courier Mail 23rd May 2009
- LACA : Logan and Albert Conservation Society article on declines in Koala numbers .
- and back in September 2007? ” SEQ Koala numbers plummet : study” : Brisbane Times 10th September 2007
- “koalas national reserve system” search results – Bluecray Advocacy LInks Search Engine
- “koalas national reserve system” search results – Bluecray Regional Environmental News Mt Warning Caldera NE NSW/SE QLD
- Those Best Placed : News and FORUM – Northern Rivers NSW