KINGS FOREST (near Kingscliff):
Infrastructure and community planning for the coast of NE NSW – now in the hands of those behind the closed doors of the Department of Planning’s King’s Forest submission’s review reveals a substantial threat to wildlife and the sustainability for future populations in the Northern Rivers of New South Wales, Australia.
A letter ,in the Tweed Shire Echo this week (12th March, 2009), outlines very clearly the lack of caring by Developer Industry Planning for Land and future generations of residents on the North East Coast of NSW.
Threatened species that have been left to survive in the remaining State Significant Site are further being imprisoned, on all sides, by development that is of massive proportions.
Whilst the gate is now shut on the development submissions for this Kings Forest Project by ” Leda “, I suggest, also, that the gate has shut for Leda.
The Caldera Environment Centre in NE NSW, Australia shows insights, in their submission to the NSW Government and objection to the planned Kings Forest and Cobakai Lakes Development , summing up the King’s Forest Project situation very clearly. You should have a read of this Submission HERE.
(It is a shame that the write of that submission is not the one person who get’s to make the all important decision regarding this NSW State Significant site – because then, these threatened species could at least have some solitude, peace and rest in their threatened habitats.)
Here are a few more news Articles concerning Leda and community response to their “proposed” development of the State Significant site in the Northern Rivers.
“The Trick in the Tweed : take a good look at the Lie of the land” - Sydney Morning Herald Feb 8th 2003 - some interesting history about the Kings Forest site 1970′s-2003
“Development yields nothing but a crop of litigation” – Sydney Morning Herald Nov. 8th 2004
9th Nov 2007 “ Leda ordered to remediate illegally cleared land” Nov 9th 2007 Gold Coast City Council
“Leda’s 7 Billion Dollar sale of two cities” – goldcoast.com.au Dec. 20th 2008
“Friends call for action on Tweed Koala Population” – The Far North Coaster online Magazine Feb. 15th 2009
“Developments Uncertain” – tweednews.com.au Feb. 17th 2009
“Planned township threat to Koalas” – Tweed Daily News Mar. 10th 2009
“Letters to the Editor – Rape of Species” – Tweed Shire Echo Mar. 12th 2009
If you have had enough reading, then you maybe could stop here……otherwise, read on, as I have more to say regarding the MYTH of LEDA.
I would like to comment on the above Tweed Shire Echo letter, regarding mythology and stories:-
The Swan can have many different metaphysical connotations.
In modern economic times, the idea of the black swan has a particular relation to ”The Black Swan” (author – Nassim Nicholas Taleb) . There is an interview here about the current economic global climate……. theory of the black swan..is.. a bit like expect the unexpected.
Regarding the LEDA Mythology:-
1. Leda has another dimension- the four children. Four offspring by her not so pleasant creative experiences.
2. Leda had her four offspring from two eggs, after being raped by Zeus ( who had disguised himself as a SWAN) :-
- Castor and Pollux from one egg,
- and Helen and Clytemnestra from the other egg.
But, as is the way with myths – and business deals – it is more complex than that!
4. Of the four offspring of LEDA, One child is ALWAYS immortal – Polydeuces or Pollux.
THE CHILDREN (creative offspring):
Clytemnestra – alternating between weak and pathetic then ruthless and manipulative.
The Heavenly Twins : Castor and Pollux – we know them as the constellation Gemini . Horses, art, literature and pugnaciousness are associated with the Twins. The Planet Mercury is identified with these Twins. Ptolemy regarded the stars in the feet of these two cosmic children as portraying sickness, trouble, disgrace and affliction to the knees.
Should the children’s (offspring or creative outcome of Leda) little feet run about to places where conflict is great, they can become become argumentative and unearth disgrace – then these “children” can become somewhat argumentative. One of these children, being immortal, WILL ARGUE FOREVER! – The tenacious Polydeuces (Pollux)
5. Cygnus – the Swan Constellation and basis for much Mythology:-
- Denebe adige (alpha cygnus) is a brilliant white star in the tail of the swan.
- Denebe adige With Sun and Mars above the earth, and the Moon at the same time with Procyon (25 Cancer), death by the bite of a mad dog. [Robson*, p.159.] from : Constellations of Words ** see below
- Other stars in Cygnus are: – Sador (the breast); Azelfafage (the foot); Albireo (the beak)to name a few.
- Cygnus is associated with the Hebrew letter “resh” and the tarot card “judgement“
- Apollo is the “god” who holds the SWAN sacred. Apollo is also about the Sun, much Power and worldly Prestige. Apollo is the Son of Zeus and LETO.
- As Zeus had a habit of having twins, Apollo also had a TWIN – ARTEMIS – or DIANA – the Protector of Wild Animals, Children and Fertility.
6. The children of the FALSE Swan and LEDA therefore have a number of different “human” stories to tell us. They tell us about our
- manipulative (but on the surface-compliant) natures (Clytemnestra)
- tendency to be struck down from the “heights” when we become to “full”of our own importance and power (Helen)
- ability to enjoy the finer things in life to the full and recreate enthusiastically (Castor)
- ability to dig in deep and stand our ground – to the end and beyond (Pollux)
When the Tweed Shire Council’s Tweed Link - ISSUE 594 DECEMBER 16, 2008 ISSN 1327-8630 – came out, and it displayed the Advertising of the Leda Major Developments at Kings Forest and Cobaki Lakes with their related NSW Department of Planning NOTICE, the Astrology of the day was quite interesting!.
**The Sun and Mars were conjunct and the MOON was conjunct the fixed star Procyon (25Cancer) on the previous day (Dec. 15th 2008). Now, I guess that Leda do not employ an astrologer for their business timing. They may have been in too bigger rush, trying to have the Proposal go before the public over the Christmas period, to notice how inauspicious their “heavenly timing” was.
Or failing that, they may have employed a rather dodgy astrologer?Because that timing of release is very indicative of a failure in the project, failure to meet with public approval, and also indicates – eventual public downfall, disgrace and possibly even the odd “bite” by those who previously have shown loyalty to them.
“A preliminary investigation of the distribution of koalas and their potential habitat in the Tweed Shire, and implications for management” by Judy Faulks . Find article at – Australian Zoologist, June 1991 Vol. 27(1 & 2)